Thursday 14 March 2013

My Shiki: Chapter One (STORY)


Preface
A dark gloomy night, a young mother crouched next to a shallow stream, a baby girl in a small basket,
“My dear child, as long as this danger threatens us I cannot be with you, for, my darling, you will not be safe, but carry my love with you always,” the mother places the little baby, in her basket, into the stream. Stands and watches her child float away in the small current.
Just know this if nothing else my child, as you will have no memories; I love you with all my heart...A man covered by shadow, comes and drags the mother away...
My Shiki...........................

Chapter 1
I took a deep breath and stepped into the room, well my new room really unless I can get away tonight. Ugh...! I hate this place already! I thought to myself.
“Shiki!” Sara called; this is the person who adopted me from the orphanage and is supposed to be my new mother!? She is giving me living hell!! She has already made me do my supposed ‘chores’ when I haven’t even been here for an hour yet. And she is so strict that I probably couldn’t even sneeze without her scolding me for it. I’m only 16 for heaven’s sake! I’m not some preteen, perfectly perfect adult that you can boss around all day and night!
“SHIKI!!” Sara screamed again “come down here immediately”
“Or you’ll do what exactly?” I yelled at her as a walked down the staircase to see her standing there on the bottom step of the staircase flipping flaming red hair and all (yep she’s got bright red hair and dimples. I didn’t do too bad though One of my friends from the orphanage got adopted by this mega cool assassin who was killed a couple days later, making my friend so upset that he killed himself. {Yawn} At least Sara’s rich.)
“Shiki, I would like you to clean the entire house before we have dinner at
6 o’clock. After dinner I am going out.”
“Oh whatever,” I mumbled.
҈
“Ahh” I said reluctantly as I walked to my room. God it was huge! I swear I got most of the third floor to myself; you could probably fit all of the foster kids in the world in here comfortably with room to spare! I looked out my bedroom window and saw a giant old chestnut tree; the window next to my wardrobe on the far side of the room was slightly agar. My balcony was extremely tidy.
“God I thought she had OCD, but this is just insane!” I looked at the tree; it was close enough to touch. I ran inside grabbed my bag which was so light that I could run, jump, fight or sleep with it on my back. I scaled the balcony, and jumped on the tree with a light thud, when I lived with one of the foster families they made me do Contemporary Ballet and Gymnastics for about a year before I ran away and ended up in another orphanage. Then about 4 years later another family made me do Professional Cheerleading while also continuing Ballet and Gymnastics, so I’m rather sly and lithe, if I do say so myself.
“Oh Shit!” I said when I reached the branch; I’d over shot it by about a meter. I stretched out and grabbed a branch a bit further around; the only problem was by doing this I scraped my left knee and the palms of my hands.
“Aww, Crap!” I exclaimed looking at my hands. “Lucky I still ... got...” I pulled out the first aid kit my last foster family got me. Too bad they had to move to Amsterdam, they were really sweet. I thought to myself.
After bandaging my hands and placing a bandaid on my knee, I worked my way down to the lowest branch, and then swung off the branch, and landed lithely on the ground without a sound.
“Oh Yeah!” I whispered to myself as I slipped though the front gates, across the road and into the forest beyond. I snuck though the forest to a small clearing. I quickly made a small shelter grabbed out my blanket slid under it and set up my bag as a pillow. I slid under the blanket and was asleep before my head touched the pillow.
҈
The sound of a twig snapping woke me with a start; I was up and had already grabbed the daggers out of my boots, as I touched the cold metal it seemed to come alive with a glow.
I had gotten up quickly, now in a standing position; I sensed some one behind me and spun at high speed.
“Whoa Shiki! It’s me! Rayvern! You know I don’t wanna hurt ya!” He said as I put a dagger to his neck. “God I knew ya’d be pissed with me, but this is just bonkers!”
“OMFG! Rayvern!” I screeched as I threw my arms around him, daggers and all. Then I jumped back and glared at him. “I thought you were effing dead you ass! Since when did suicide include coming back to life to haunt your ex-girlfriend?!” I screeched at him, and yep you guessed it this is my friend who was adopted by an assassin. “But wait that means... OH COME ON!”
“Hello to you to Shiki” Marckus said
“Yeah, so says the guys who snuck up to me in my sleep!” I glared at Marckus.
“Awww come on Shiki...”Rayvern Said just as I slapped him. They were both wearing dark grey T’s, black jeans and runners. Marckus’ black hair was short as usual, but Rayvern’s hair and eyes were different. He now had a red eye and purple one, his red hair was longer then I’d ever seen it, I’d always told him that his hair would look beautiful if it went to his shoulders, and now it looked absolutely gorges! Then I realised Marckus and Rayvern were looking at me weirdly. How long had I been staring at Rayvern? I wondered to myself.
“Shiki, are you alright?” Rayvern asked “You’re just staring into space.” He spoke so softly and sweetly it made me think about how much I’d missed him and how sad I’d been when I thought he was dead, so I broke-down in tears, dropped my daggers and fell to my knees. Marckus said something I didn’t hear, as he started a fire and Rayvern came and wrapped his arms around me.
 The last thing I remember is us sitting around the fire me still crying resting my head on Rayvern’s lap.
҈
I suppose my reaction wasn’t too bad considering what had happened, but it could have been better.
“Shiki get up we have to move, Dawn’s coming.”  Rayvern whispered in my ear as he got up. I’d spent the entire night on his lap, god it was pitiful, considering he is my ex-boyfriend and all.
“Why so early?” I asked Marckus as I dismantled my shelter.
“Because last night when we stumbled across you we were being chased by some gang that I thwarted a couple of years ago by eliminating their boss.” He replied so casually that you wouldn’t believed that a couple of years ago he’d had depression because he felt for all the people that he had killed; now it was like he didn’t care about them.
“Why did you do that?” I asked, silly question of course, he did it because someone paid him too.
“If you know why he did it, why ask?” said Rayvern, not expecting an answer.
“You know why.” I replied, ever since Marckus had the depression I had been hoping he would stop, even though I knew that it was impossible, he like his job too much, and then there was the other thing...
“Shiki which way did you come from?” Marckus asked as he placed his bag on his back.
“That way.” I said pointing in the general direction of Sara’s house. “I couple of hours run that way is a massive mansion owned by one ‘Sara Killion,’ She is a massive bi-arch.” After I said that Rayvern and Marckus exchanged a look I didn’t -yet- understand.
“Shiki, do you know who Sara Killion is? Rayvern said as I pulled some gum out of my bag and started chewing.
“Some rich ass?” I said in-between chews.
“She is the richest person in the world; in fact she owns at least half of it!” Marckus exclaimed, to which I was surprised to see because normally he was so calm, cool and collected.
“Are you scared?” I asked him in a teasing voice, knowing that if I didn’t act all high-and-mighty I might lose the plot all together. “You’re scared! Aren’t you Marckus? And rwittle Rayvern too! Awe, you’re so cute when you’re scared!” I could see that Rayvern could tell it was all just an act, but I Don’t think Marckus knew yet.
“Shiki,” Rayvern Whispered, “ don't muck around… actually, just don’t say anything, you’ll only piss him off more!” he silently exclaimed.
“She won’t be the only one after you if you go the way you’re headed Shiki.” Marckus said calmly, I could tell that right now we were at the eye of the storm, -in a manner of speaking, the tempest of his anger was yet to come. He would calm down properly in a little while, so for now I decided to be serious for a change.
“What do you mean?” I asked slowly I was being careful, as one is to not place a flaming torch on dry grass.
“I mean, that if you are to act the way you do you might find out more than you bargain for.”
After he said that, my whole version of reality shattered. He knew, how could he know? How in the world could he break though all of my defences, and then see so exactly what I wanted more than anything? To know the details of my birth, my origin, my true parents, why can I do what I can do, how could he know? I turned and ran as fast as I could diagonal to Sara’s house, in the direction opposite civilisation.
Knowing that he knew was more than enough to know that they can’t be on my side.





(sorry guys, second chapter is coming... slowly... It's kinda hard to get it to work with the first part considering that it's been 5 years since I wrote the first chapter. but it is coming guys, promise.)

7 comments:

  1. wow this is cool and amazing!! keep it going! \^_^/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      The second chapter is almost done so I'll upload it soon. :)
      It's really nice to know someone is reading my work :)

      Delete
    2. honestly i can't believe who couldn't!!

      ps this is the same person as up top :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry this is taking so long, I've had technical difficulties and annoying people, but it's my top priority to finish this story and I will upload the next chapter as soon as it's finished.
      I'm really sorry for making you wait.

      Delete
  2. Ally! I had no idea that you had a blog. This seems to be a lot longer than when you had me editing it ages ago. Well done All-chan. Just keep writing until you have at least several chapters uploaded; but if you don't want to keep doing it you don't have to, I'm just saying that this - is truly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, correction: *Ally-chan not All-chan

      Delete